Girl Scouts is developing a new approach called pathways to ensure that girls and adults have flexible ways to participate in Girl Scouting. The Travel Pathway will offer leadership opportunities and cross-cultural understanding through council-sponsored and nationally sponsored trips along with troop travel. Girls progress along the Travel Pathway by participating in smaller, local trips to prepare for longer national or international ones.
The Travel Pathway will:
- Be available to any girl regardless of previous Girl Scouting involvement or economic resources
- Incorporate the Girl Scout Leadership Experience processes: girl-led, learning by doing, and cooperative learning
- Follow the three leadership keys: Discover, Connect, and Take Action
- Present girls with opportunities to prepare, plan, money-earn, and engage in travel opportunities and Take Action projects
- Engage and support existing and new volunteer
Our most utilized Travel Pathways are Extended Trips and Girl Scout destinations. For more information on either of these programs or the 100th Anniversary Trips Sponsored by GSNETX, click on one of the links above.