Join the Family Partnership Today!
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas has an annual fundraising campaign - Family Partnership - that gives Girl Scout members (parents, families, volunteers, GS Troops, GS Service Units, etc.) an opportunity to provide financial support for Girl Scouting. Family Partnership gifts are an essential part of the success of Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas. With your participation, your girl will have the experience of a lifetime - enjoying new experiences, creating memories and establishing connections that will carry with her throughout her life. Programs that foster courage, confidence and character in girls ultimately help girls discover their full potential, connect with others, and take action to improve their lives and uplift their communities.
The $12 annual Girl Scout membership fee goes directly to Girl Scouts of the USA national headquarters to provide supplemental insurance for your girl. Additional Girl Scout Troop dues are used on a local level. These payments to Girl Scouts do not support your council, Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas, and the resources it provides for your girl.
The Family Partnership Campaign accounts for 12.2% of the revenue generated to meet the annual $1.5 million fund raising goal needed to provide quality programming, volunteer training and screening, and maintenance of camp and council sites to support your girl’s Girl Scout Journey.
Gifts to the Family Partnership Campaign are counted toward Girl Scout Service Unit goals. Rebates of 5-25% are given back to Girl Scout Service Units to be used to support girl programs.
Supporting the Family Partnership Campaign makes a difference in the life of your Girl Scout and other girls in Northeast Texas. Family Partnership Campaign gifts provide:
- Financial Assistance to girls who may otherwise never have the chance to experience the positive influence of Girl Scouting. The average request for financial assistance is $65 which covers the cost of uniforms and program fees.
- The Girl Scout Leadership Experience. At an average of $280 per girl, Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas provides new programs, Girl Scout volunteer development, and maintenance and operation of the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas camps, service centers and shops.
- The camping experience where girls gain independence, learn about the environment, and make new friends. Girl Scout Camp gives girls the opportunity to experience both the joy of being outdoors and the excitement of being away from home, often for the first time.
- Girl Scout Travel Opportunities through the destinations program. Girls have the chance to go somewhere new, do something different, and meet people from a nearby state or a country far away. Working and planning for a trip can help girls grow and mature, and it can help to cement friendships. Through destinations, girls often go places and do things they might not otherwise have the opportunity to do!
Important Information for the 2011-12 Campaign
- Double your donation! Check with your company’s Human Resources department. Your gift could be doubled with a match from you or your spouse’s employer! Click here for more information about Matching Gifts and Volunteer Incentive Programs.
- Don't forget that Girl Scouts is a United Way partner agency. Please send a copy of your pledge to GSNETX Development Department:
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
ATTN: Development Department
6001 Summerside Drive
Dallas, Texas 75252
- All gifts of $250 or more will be recognized in the 2013 GSNETX Annual Report.
Thank you for committing to your girl today!
For more information contact Brianna Morris at 972.349.2438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here if you would like to donate to the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas.