Girl Scouts destinations
What is the Girl Scout destinations program?
Girl Scout destinations is a nationwide Girl Scout program for Girl Scout Cadettes and above. Girl Scout Councils and event sponsors host destinations trips. Girls apply for a specific destinations trip and meet other girls from across the country or around the world. Girls develop their leadership skills, learn new skills, gain self-confidence, and experience valuable service-learning opportunities. To find out more, visit www.girlscouts.org/destinations.
There are 6 Different travel categories for Girl Scout destinations
- International - events outside of the U.S.
- Outdoors - events ranging from learning outdoor skills to Outward Bound challenges on land or sea.
- Science - events that take science to a new level. Learn animal behavior or what a doctor's life is like.
- People - events that visit cities and country sides so you can experience the culture of new places
- Apprenticeships - events that give you hands-on, real-life experience in a potential career field
- Getaways - Two- to four-day events all over the country, Getaways are events that do not require the destinations application and have their own timeline requirements, which do not follow the destinations timeline. Most Getaways include events designed for troop travel.
Click on the link to download the destinations application with GSNETX information completed.
2012-2013 Girl Scout destinations Application Process:
- Week of November 12th: Send your completed application to the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas. GSNETX will mail your application to the event sponsor.
- Thanksgiving: All applications are in route to event sponsors from the applicants' home councils.
- Dec. 1: All "early" applications received by event sponsors.
- Jan. 14: All applicants notified of their status for "early" applications.
- Feb. 1: All deposits holding a participants' spot are due to event sponsors for "early" applications.
- Feb. 16: "Late" applications received by event sponsors.
- Mar. 2: All additional applicants notified of their status. Participant status report to GSUSA by event sponsors.
- March 16: All "late" applicants' deposit due to event sponsors (Please note that there might be some destinations that will extend the deadline if the event is not full).
Send your completed Girl Scout destinations Applications to:
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
JoAnn Fogg Service Center
6001 Summerside Dr.
Dallas, TX 75252
Girl Scout destinations Workshops:
- JoAnn Fogg Service Center — Thursday September 6th, 2012 6:00pm-8:00pm
- East Texas Regional Center — Saturday September 8th, 2012 10:00am-12:00pm
- Southern Sector Service Center — Thursday September 13th, 2012 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Sherman, Grayson County United Way 713 E. Brockett, Sherman, TX 75091 — Saturday September 15th, 2012 10:00am-12:00pm
- Denton Service Center — Thursday September 20th, 2012 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Paris Service Center — Saturday September 22nd, 2012 10:00am-12:00pm
- Collin Area Service Center — Thursday September 27th, 2012 6:00pm-8:00pm
To register for any of these workshops please submit an Event Registration Form
. Please either fax or mail the completed form to Janice Mitchell at the JoAnn Fogg Service Center.
||Attn: Janice Mitchell|
||6001 Summerside Dr. Dallas, TX 75252|