Volunteer Applications & Background Checks
An adult can become a Girl Scout member by paying the $12 annual membership fee. Additional fees for individual events may apply.
The safety of our girls is our highest priority, so adults who take on many volunteer roles whether they are working directly with girls, or working with other volunteers who are working directly with girls, must become registered members. They must also fill out a Volunteer Application and pass a background check.
Conditions or volunteer positions requiring Adult Membership Registration, successful completion of Volunteer Application Process:
- Troop Leader, Co-Leaders or Assistant Leaders
- Adults driving girls during Girl Scout activities who are not under their own guardianship
- Adults counted as Safety Adult-Girl Ratio
- Adults counted as activity certified for Troop Camping or First Aid/CPR/AED
- Adults responsible for Girl Scout funds