Frequently Asked Questions

Resident Camp FAQs

  • Can I register my daughter for a session that is designated for girls older than she actually is?
    NO, please do not register your daughter for a session that is designated for girls in grades older than she is. We carefully designate session grade levels depending on what the session content will be and badges that will be earned as well as the length of the activities in that session. Registration in a session that does not fit your child's grade level may result in the camper being removed from the session.
  • Can I bring my phone or music player to camp?
    No electronic devices are permitted at camp (because they’re easily lost or damaged in the camp environment). Cell phones are not permitted at camp for any session. If a cell phone or other electronic item is brought to camp, it will be immediately taken by staff and will not be returned until the camper is picked up. The camp, staff members, and Girl Scouts are not liable for the loss of, or any damage to, an electronic item (including cell phones) brought to camp in noncompliance with the camp policy of no electronic devices permitted.
  • Is smoking allowed at camp?
    No tobacco, electronic smoking devices, alcoholic beverages, firearms, fireworks, abuse of prescription drugs, marijuana or narcotics are allowed on any Girl Scout property or at any Girl Scout activities. Any infraction will result in the Camper being sent home with no refund. Parents/Guardians must immediately pick up their Camper.
    All GSNETX properties are smoke free, which includes electronic smoking devices. This policy applies to everyone on property, including during check-in and check-out times and while in personal vehicles.
  • When is Check-In and Check-Out for parent pick-up and parent drop-off?
    Please check the 2014 Parent/Guardian Resident Camp Information Guide for information regarding check-in and check-out times at each camp. Two weeks prior to your camp date, you will receive a reminder email with specific check-in and check-out times.
  • Sleeping Arrangements?
    It is Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas practice that, while attending our camp facilities, adult counselors sleep in a separate room/cabin/tent within the same unit as the girls in their group. Cabin and tent units have a designated “counselor” cabin/tent for adults; girls will sleep in the remaining cabins/tents in that unit. Our lodges have a group sleeping area for girls and a separate “counselor” room for adults, all within the same building. No adult may sleep alone in a room, or in the same bed, with a girl
  • What is CampDoc?
    CampDoc is an online system for filling out health forms which can then be printed and taken to a physician for completion. Their website is at Within seventy-two hours of registering, you will receive an email from CampDoc with a secure username as well as instructions on how to access their system and complete your child's health and medication information and camper information.
    All forms must be submitted by Friday, May 15, 2014.
  • Does my child need a buddy to come to camp?
    NO, there will be lots of girls who come to camp who do not know anyone. They will be introduced to their cabinmates and will quickly make friends.
  • Does my daughter need to be a Girl Scout to come to Girl Scout camp?
    NO, included in her non-member registration fee is a Girl Scout membership. All girls enjoy our fun summer camp activities.
  • What is the Trading Post?
    It is a small store at camp where the girls receive a snack each full day of their camp session. This year, the cost of the trading post snack and at least one souvenir are included in the camp registration fee. Please do not send additional money. All snacks must be eaten during their scheduled Trading Post time. No one is allowed to take snacks back to their cabin.
  • Can I send snacks?
    DO NOT send snacks or candy to camp. Snacks are available at our Trading Post. Snacks and candy in the cabins and tents will invite unwanted visitors.
  • Can you accommodate girls with special needs?
    Our camp staff is enthusiastic, talented, fun-loving, and caring individuals. They are selected on the basis of their experience, ability to serve as role models and their genuine desire to work with children. Our staff is committed to creating a caring and supportive environment that respects each girl as an individual.

    The health and safety of our campers is always the first priority of the staff. Staff training prior to camp includes supervising and caring for campers, activity programming, first aid and CPR, team building, and much more. All camps meet the health and safety standards established by the Girl Scouts of the USA and the American Camp Association. Our Girl Scout camps offering summer resident camp programming are licensed by the state, and uphold state and federal health and safety codes for health, safety, site, food service, management, human resources, program design, and activities.

    Depending on the camp location, a registered nurse or EMT may be on staff. All camp locations have first aid certified adults on site to administer routine health care and any medications. Additionally, each camp location has a local doctor available for consultation and medical attention.

    Prior to attending camp, campers must turn in a completed health history form that includes a physical examination that has been completed within twelve months of attending camp. This form will be included in the camp information packet and must be returned at least two week prior to the start of camp. An immunization record or exemption statement must also be provided for each camper.

    We are committed to accommodating all girls, and our goal is to provide a positive camp experience for everyone. If your camper has any special needs (physical, behavioral, etc.), please contact us prior to enrollment to see if we can properly care for her during her stay at camp.

Day/Twilight Camp FAQs

  • I am volunteering at day/twilight camp – how do I register for day/twilight camp?
    Any adult volunteering to work at any day/twilight camp will register by using the online application found at
  • As a day/twilight volunteer I am including 6 girl’s registrations with my registrations, where do I send the girls' forms?
    Girls’ forms & payment should be mailed to the camp they are planning to attend. Include a copy of the email you receive once you complete the first step of the online day/twilight adult volunteer process.
  • Who do I make the check out to for day/twilight camp?
    The checks should be made payable to the name of the day/twilight camp attending – i.e. if you are attending Summer Sensation then the check should be made payable to "Summer Sensation."
  • I am volunteering to work at day/twilight camp and want to bring my 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter. Do I need to register them?
    Yes – all boys (6-12) and preschoolers (ages 3-5) need to register with the same forms as a girl would use for registration. Send those completed forms to the camp you where will be volunteering. Contact each camp to see if they have units for preschool children and boys and for information concerning pricing.
  • Can I get a refund if my daughter can’t attend day/twilight camp after I have mailed in the registration?
    $10.00 of the camp fee is non-refundable after placement and will be deducted from any refund. Before the camp date a written request to the camp director must be received at least 15 days before the camp date. After camp, a written request to the camp director must be received within one week of the camp close date.
  • Can a non-member attend a day/twilight camp?
    A girl who is not currently a member of Girl Scouts should include a $15.00 non-refundable fee for annual membership dues when she registers for camp. A membership form must also be completed.
  • My daughter is interested in attending day/twilight camp as a program aide – how do I find out about this opportunity?
    Contact the camp she is interested in signing up for and they can give you specific details.
Sign up to receive our e-Newsletter! submit
If you have Cookie Dough credits to apply from cookie sales, you should secure your camper’s spot now by registering and paying in full. (Remember, camp space is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.)
Once the actual amount of Cookie Dough credits is validated, and you receive a Cookie Dough Email, you should request reimbursement for the amount desired.
To request reimbursement, complete the 2014 Cookie Dough Reimbursement Request form and submit it along with a copy of your original Cookie Dough Email to:
  • Attn: Camp Registrar,
  • JoAnn Fogg Service Center
  • 6001 Summerside Drive
  • Dallas, TX 75252
Reimbursement for Cookie Dough will be processed and paid by check after your camper’s camp session
© Copyright 2014 Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
The official newspaper of the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas
Report problem with this page
Follow us on TwitterFollow us on Twitter Follow us on FacebookFollow us on Facebook Subscribe to the GSNETX ChannelBookmark and Share