The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports
troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop
easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top
features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and
update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and
Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for
Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge
and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel
troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a
breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials
needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge
and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop
events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances
(depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate
resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside”
option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop
or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and
Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the
troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.