The Girl Scout Difference
Research shows that girls learn best in an all-girl, girl-led, and girl-friendly environment.
We're focused on observing the following outcomes through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience:
- The Girl Scout Impact Study | This research provides compelling evidence that Girl Scouts stand out significantly from non-Girl Scouts.
- How Girl Scouting Enhances the Lives of Girls | Focuses on national- and state-level trends across key indicators affecting girls’ overall well-being.
- The Girl Scout Difference | Girl Scouts offers the best leadership development experience for girls in the world - one that is designed with, by, and for girls.
- Valuation of STEM Literacy | This study finds that girls who have participated in Girl Scouts place a higher value on STEM literacy compared to their non-Girl Scout peers. This study was funded by the ExxonMobil Foundation and in partnership with The University of Texas at Dallas.
- Girl Scout Alum by the Numbers | Summarizes stats and impact of the Girl Scout experience on Girl Scout alums in the U.S.
- Power of the Gold Award: Excellence in Leadership & Life Summarizes the positive impact of the highest award in Girl Scouting, the Girl Scout Gold Award.
Disclaimer: Statistical data collected by the Girl Scout Research Institute is presented for informational purposes only and does not necessarily imply a specific position by Girl Scouts of the USA on a given issue.