WARNING: This is not your everyday summer experience.
Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas is home to four sprawling camp properties - Camp Bette Perot, Camp Gambill, Camp Rocky Point, and the STEM Center of Excellence - that provide year-round outdoor leadership activities.
As a staff member, you'll:
- Help build self-esteem and outdoor knowledge for
campers ages 8 to 18
- Develop personal leadership skills
- Act as a positive role model
- Facilitate activities ranging from high and low ropes course adventures, horseback riding, and specialty STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) experiences
- Enhance teamwork and cooperative behaviors among other campers
- Strengthen interpersonal skills
- Develop conflict resolution tactics
- Have fun!
Staff requirements include:
- Living on the property from July to August to allow for training and environment acclimation.
- Housing accommodations, depending on the camp, range from air-conditioned cabins to platform tents.
- Selected staff will be certified in pool/waterfront lifeguarding, kayaking/canoeing, ropes course facilitation, and archery.
Being a part of our camp staff also has its benefits! You'll strengthen your interpersonal skills, develop conflict resolution tactics, and build leadership skills - all great resume boosters!