Girl Scout Grand Prix
The Girl Scout Grand Prix has gone semi-virtual! We are so excited to offer this opportunity to stay engaged with this beloved event, while protecting the health and safety of all our members and families. Girl Scouts from across the country will be able to engage with three different virtual programs, and still enjoy a hands-on build experience.
*Registration has been extended through the weekend! Limited spaces remain - snag your spot today!*
Registration includes admission to all 3 virtual sessions*, an official Girl Scout Grand Prix car kit, and event patch!
- Session 1 - Design Day: Saturday, October 3
- Girls will engage with professionals to learn how to design a fast car, and some basic principles of aerodynamics.
- Session 2 - Cut Day: Saturday, October 17
- All girls will learn about engineering, power tool safety, and more. Girls who opt to have the professionals cut their car will be able to watch their car be cut in real time in half hour time slots.**
- Session 3 - Race Day: Saturday, November 21 - Sunday, November 22
- Girls will watch their cars race in real time as they cheer on the fastest racers. Races will be split up into different heats based on age. Winners of each heat will go on to compete in the Grand Prix Grand Finals! All participants will receive the specific date and time of their race approximately one week prior to the event. If you are unavailable during the time of your race, please let us know so we may make accommodations.
*Recordings of expert and guest speakers from virtual sessions will be available for girls to watch again later, or watch if they are unavailable to tune in during the live sessions.
**Girls can choose to let professionals cut their car for them if you don't have the proper tools or equipment at home. Either way girls will still have a hands-on experience.
Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors will meet the badge requirements for the Automotive 1: Design badge through participation in all three virtual sessions.